new qualifications & teach-out notice
This notice is for all students enrolled – or who plan to enrol – in REIQ’s real estate courses.
For those enrolled in one of the following courses from the CPP40307 training package:
- Licence Upgrade;
- Full Licence;
- Certificate IV in Property Services;
- Another real estate course or individual units from this package.
We have been notified by the National VET Regulator, Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) that the current real estate qualification has been replaced with a new qualification.
As of September 2021, the current qualification will be superseded and replaced by a new updated training package – CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
This change will apply across Australia.
The table below lists the current and superseded qualifications as well as the codes and names of the new qualifications –
As a result of these changes, the REIQ must teach-out (phase out) the current and superseded qualifications and transition to the new qualifications.
wHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU AS A STUDENT OR POTENTIAL STUDENT?
- All of your assessments must be fully submitted by 1 August 2021, to allow time for certificates and qualifications to be issued. This also means that Statements of Attainment cannot legally be issued after this date.
- Requests to extend enrolment end dates after this time cannot be granted.
- Units from the current qualifications cannot be credit transferred to the new package, as the current and new versions of units are not equivalent.
- This page will be updated when the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has released the updated requirements for the new courses. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.