THE PROPERTY SERVICES TRAINING PACKAGE IS CHANGING
This notice is for all students enrolled – or who plan to enrol – in REIQ’s real estate courses.
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has released new training requirements for the real estate industry. As of 30 September 2021, the current training requirements will be superseded and replaced by a new property services training package – CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
As a result of these changes, the REIQ must teach-out (phase out) the current and superseded requirements and transition to the new training package.
what is changing?
From late April 2021, the REIQ will be offering students the new training package, which includes registration, full licence and licence upgrade. Currently, the full licence course consists of 19 units of competency and this hasn’t changed under the new training package.
However, the registration course has changed and will be increasing from 7 units of competency to 12 and the licence upgrade course will be reduced from 12 units of competency to 7. Although the total number of units in the package remain the same, the volume of work within the units has increased. These changes aim to result in better education for agents and ultimately, better outcomes for the consumer.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR NEW & CURRENT STUDENTS?
- The REIQ will stop offering all existing real estate training courses at 8pm Wednesday 28 April 2021, to provide students with enough time to complete the volume of work.
- In late-April 2021 the REIQ will start to offer the Registration, Licence Upgrade and Full Licence courses under the new training package.
- There will be a transition period of a few months where the following courses will be unavailable – Buyer’s Agent, Auctioneering, Resident Letting Agent, Shopping Centre (Business Letting) Licence and associated upgrade courses. Join the waitlist to find out when these courses become available under the new training package.
- New students can continue to enrol until this time but all course work must be submitted by 1 August 2021 to allow sufficient time for certificates and qualifications to be issued.
- If you are currently enrolled in an REIQ course, all of your assessments must be complete and submitted by 1 August 2021, to allow time for certificates and qualifications to be issued.
- The current training package will only be accepted for a license or registration with the OFT until 30 September. If this deadline is not met, you will NOT be eligible for a licence or registration and will need to re-train under the new training package at your own cost.
- Requests to extend the REIQ assessment deadline after 1 August 2021 cannot be granted.
- Units from the current training package cannot be credit transferred to the new package, as the current and new training requirements are not equivalent.
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE OFT?
Any student who has completed a course and has received a statement of attainment in the current training package will have until 30 September 2021 to apply for their qualification with the OFT. This applies to new students in 2021 as well as those who studied as far back as 2009 and may have never applied with the OFT. The current training package remains valid until the cut-off date and if this deadline is not met, completion of the new course/s will be required to obtain a licence or registration.
WHAT HELP IS AVAILABLE?
- As part of your enrolment, REIQ Students have access to free 30-minute student support sessions. Book a student support session here – now available 5-days a week via phone.
- REIQ will be communicating regular reminders in the lead up to the 1 August 2021 deadline to ensure all assessments are submitted on-time.
When will reiq stop offering the current training package?
The REIQ will have a hard cut-off to enrol in the existing training package at 8pm Wednesday 28 April 2021.
When will be the first in-class training for the new training package?
The first in-class training for the new training package in Brisbane will occur 17-21 May 2021. Students will be able to enrol in either the Registration, Licence Upgrade or Full Real Estate Licence Courses across these dates in Brisbane.
The first in-class training for the new training package will occur on the Gold Coast 10-12 May 2021. Students will be able to enrol in the Registration Course only for this date.
what is the price of the new training package courses?
When can i enrol in the new training package?
Enrolments for the new training package will be live early May 2021 in preparation for our first in-class training being delivered 10 May 2021. Students who have expressed their interest in the new training package via the ‘waitlist’ will be given exclusive access to enrol in the new training package once it is open for enrolment. To join the waitlist, please complete your details in the form below.