new qualifications & teach-out notice
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has released new training requirements for the real estate industry. As of 30 September 2021, the current training requirements will be superseded and replaced by a new property services training package – CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
As a result of these changes, REIQ will no longer accept enrolments into this qualification and is teaching-out existing students. Effective immediately REIQ is only offering students the following courses under the new training package:
Below is a table outlining the superseded qualification and the new qualification.
wHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR NEW STUDENTS?
- REIQ has stopped offering the superseded qualification to new students as of 8pm 28 April 2021.
- New students will now be enrolled into the new training package courses, under the new qualification CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
- During the qualification transition period some courses will be temporarily unavailable. Join the wait-list to find out when these courses become available.
wHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR existing STUDENTS?
- If you are currently enrolled in an REIQ course under the superseded training package Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate), all of your assessments must be complete and submitted by 1 August 2021, to allow time for certificates and qualifications to be issued.
- The current training package will only be accepted for a license or registration with the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) until 30 September 2021. If this deadline is not met, you will NOT be eligible for a licence or registration and will need to re-train under the new training package at your own cost.
- Requests to extend the REIQ assessment deadline after 1 August 2021 cannot be granted.
- Units from the superseded training package cannot be credit transferred to the new package, as the current and new training requirements are not equivalent.
- If you have completed a Registration under the existing training package and want to upgrade to a Full Licence after 8pm 28 April 2021, you will need to enrol and pay $750 for recognition of prior learning (RPL) for your existing Registration competencies, before you will be able to enrol in the new Upgrade course. Note: To qualify for RPL you must be currently practicing or have practiced in the last two years to ensure your RPL evidence is current.
how does this affect your application to the oft?
Any student who has completed a course under the superseded training package, and has received a statement of attainment will have until 30 September 2021 to apply for their Registration or Licence with the OFT. This applies to existing students in 2021 and students as far back as 2009 that may have never applied with the OFT. The current training package remains valid until the cut-off date and if this deadline is not met, completion of the new training package will be required to obtain a licence or registration.
when will in-class training start for the new training package?
Enrolment is now open for the Registration, Upgrade and Full Licence courses under the new training package! The first in-class Registration Course will take place on the Gold Coast 10-12 May 2021. Brisbane in-class training will occur 17-21 May 2021 where students will be able to enrol in either the Registration, Licence Upgrade or Full Licence Course across these dates.
when will ALL COURSES UNDER THE new training package BECOME available?
Join the wait-list to find out when the following temporarily unavailable courses will be open for enrolment.
- Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice
- Diploma of Property (Agency Management)
- Resident Letting Agent (RLA)
- Real Estate Auctioneer
- Affordable Housing