CPP40307 training package teach-out & Deadlines
Frequently asked questions
Q: I am an existing student studying under the superseded Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) and want to request an assessment extension beyond 1 August 2021.
A: The training, assessment, and certification issuance period will end on 30 September 2021 for all students currently enrolled in CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate). This deadline has been issued by the Office of Fair Trading. Accordingly, we are unable to approve any assessment extensions following 1 August 2021, as this would not allow sufficient time for submitted assessment tasks to be assessed, feedback to be provided, and to allow time for certificates and qualifications to be issued.
Q: I am an existing student studying under the superseded Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) and want to know if my assessments/re-submissions will be marked before the OFT 30 September deadline?
A: All submitted assessments (and resubmissions) that meet the 1 August 2021 deadline will be marked in order of submission. If your assessment is deemed ‘Not Yet Satisfactory’ and returned for corrections to be made, we recommend that you review, revise, and resubmit as a matter of urgency, to provide the best chance for our team to reassess any resubmissions received prior to 30 September 2021. We will endeavour to assess all resubmissions received; however, all submissions will be assessed in order of submission received (including resubmissions).
Q: I am an existing student studying under the superseded Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) and want to know if I can transfer my current enrolment to the new course CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
A: Units from the superseded training package cannot be credit transferred to the new package, as the current and new training requirements are not equivalent. Transfers into the new Training Package are available for all existing students who wish to upgrade. Please refer to our enrolment transfer information here for more information.
Q: I am a qualified Agent Registered or Licenced with the OFT. Do I need to re-train under the new training package?
A: All Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued under the superseded Training Package, CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate), will allow you to retain your Registration and do not need to be updated at this point.
for students enrolled in the superseded training package CPP40307 – certificate iv in property services
- If you are currently enrolled in an REIQ course under the superseded training package Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate), all of your assessments must be completed and submitted by 1 August 2021, to allow sufficient time for our team of Trainers and Assessors to endeavour to finalise assess your work and meet the 30 September deadline issued by the Office of Fair Trading.
- Due to the 30 September 2021 deadline imposed by the Office of Fair Trading, it is not likely that assessments received after this date will be assessed in time to allow students to meet the deadline for registration or licence application however, transfers into the new package are available at an additional cost. View here for more information.
- All submitted assessments that meet the 1 August 2021 deadline will be marked in order of submission.
- The current training package will only be accepted for a licence or registration with the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) until 30 September 2021. If this deadline is not met, you will NOT be eligible for a licence or registration and will need to re-train under the new training package at your own cost.
- Units from the superseded training package cannot be credit transferred to the new package, as the current and new training requirements are not equivalent
FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE RECIEVED A STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT (SOA)
Any student who has completed a course under the superseded training package, and has received a statement of attainment will have until 30 September 2021 to apply for their Registration or Licence with the OFT.
This applies to ALL students as far back as 2009 that may have never applied to the OFT.
This deadline does not affect:
- students studying under the NEW training package; and
- those who have previously lodged their statement of attainment with the Office of Fair Trading and hold a valid Real Estate Licence/Registration.
NEW QUALIFICATIONS & TEACH-OUT NOTICE
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has released new training requirements for the real estate industry. As of 30 September 2021, the current training requirements will be superseded and replaced by a new property services training package – CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
The REIQ is only offering students the following courses under the new training package:
Other courses will be made available soon – register your interest here!