looking for a flexible & rewarding career?
If you’re searching for a career where you’re rewarded for the hard work you put in, that’s flexible, and you can take almost anywhere, real estate is the perfect choice.
With a Registration Certificate qualification, you will be able to practice in Queensland real estate and start your career as a salesperson, property manager or in corporate support.
What real estate agents say
how they make the industry work for them
Samara Bedwell, Director, MacWell Property
Sam Guo, Ray White Broadbeach
Jesse Willcox, Director, Lambert Willcox
Roxanne Paterson, Principal, Ray White Bracken Ridge
WHY THIS COURSE
- Personalised Access one-on-one support from our industry expert tutors to achieve your goals faster.
- Flexible Online-only and blended study options so you can choose what suits you best.
- Industry relevant Our close ties to the real estate industry through our members means we understand what’s happening in real estate right now and what you need to succeed
- Best practice We represent real estate in Queensland, so we want to help you be among the best in the profession
- Trusted Chosen by over 60,000 real estate professionals to launch their careers.
We’ve represented Queensland real estate for more than 100 years. We have the knowledge, the network and the credibility to help you succeed.
Streamlined assessments, priority marking option and flexible online-learning. We also offer more assessment support from qualified trainers.
More real estate professionals trust the REIQ for training than any other QLD provider. More than a piece of paper, we give you what you need to know.
About the program
How long will it take me to complete the course?
Our courses are self-paced and you will have up to 6 months to complete the course.
How is the course delivered?
Both our Online and Online Plus options are delivered fully online.
You can choose your preferred mode of delivery:
- Online – fully self-paced study, delivered online
- Online Plus – includes live, interactive webinars delivered by our industry trainers.
Once you sign up, we will provide you with a login for our e-learning platform, etrainu. You will be able to log into your account and access learning materials at any time.
Whichever study option you choose, you can access the online course materials and assessments any time.
A registration certificate is the entry-level qualification to start a real estate career in Queensland. This qualification will enable you to apply for a real estate registration certificate through the Office of Fair Trading to work as a salesperson, property manager or in corporate support
There’s plenty of opportunity and variety in real estate, with professions including Auctioneer, Resident Letting Agent, Business Broker, Buyers Agent and many more.
Structure and Subjects
Upon successful completion of this course you’ll be issued with a Statement of Attainment with the following competencies:
- CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry
- CPPDSM4009B – Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4012A – List property for sale
- CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4022A – Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4010A – Lease property
Get started in your new career for an investment of:
- Online Standard – $550
- Online Plus (includes live & recorded webinar sessions) – $600
Add priority marketing to get your assessments marked in 2 business days + $280.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I upgrade to Online Plus at any time?
If you choose to study online, but later decide you’d like to register for Online Plus (inclusive of live trainer facilitated webinars), you can do so by paying the difference in price.
How are students supported to complete the course?
We offer personalised one-on-one tutorial sessions with our trainers three days each week, included in your course fees. These are conducted by Skype, phone or email. Trainers are also contactable by phone and email to help answer your questions during business hours.
Are there any prerequisites?
There are no pre-requisites to study this course. However, all REIQ courses require LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) capabilities, such as a working knowledge of the English language and an understanding of various mathematical calculations. To ensure your ability to successfully complete our courses, you are required to demonstrate your LLN skills by completing a short LLN quiz as part of the enrolment process. Before completing your enrolment please refer to and read through the Student Handbook and terms and conditions which can be downloaded here.
What equipment do I need to undertake the course?
You will need:
- A computer to access online learning materials and undertake online assessments.
- Internet access for research, submitting online assessment items, and email for communication purposes and tutor assistance.
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) that can be obtained at www.usi.gov.au
What experience do the course trainers have?
Our trainers and assessors have at least 8 years experience in the real estate industry and are selected for their expertise and their ability to convey their skills and knowledge to students. The REIQ prides itself on providing up-to-date information, quality materials and comprehensive support to students undertaking their study with us. All REIQ training and assessment is developed by industry trainers in consultation with REIQ members and specialists in the subject area. All materials are regularly updated to ensure that REIQ’s training is meeting the needs of an ever-changing real estate profession.
What is priority marking?
Priority marking is available for when students want their assessments to be within 2 business days. For enquiries and fees email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Can I upgrade my registration to a full license?
You may choose to upgrade to the full Real Estate Agent Licence Course which would enable you to work independently (as a business owner or contractor). Email email@example.com to find out more.
Do you offer recognition of prior learning?
REIQ offers recognition of prior learning (RPL). To apply please complete the form on this page.
What happens after I complete the course?
On the successful completion of your assessments, the REIQ will issue you a Statement of Attainment which you can then take to the Office of Fair Trading to apply for a real estate registration certificate.