REIQ Registration course
Open up career opportunities as a real estate agent, property manager, business broker, office administrator and more! Become qualified and career ready in less than 6 months with REIQ’s Registration course and enjoy a flexible schedule, unlimited income potential and career progression in the booming real estate industry.
About this Course
The Registration course is the minimum requirement to begin a career in real estate. The course is made up of 12 units of competency to be completed within 6 months. At the successful completion of this course you’ll be issued with a Statement of Attainment to register as a real estate salesperson with the Office of Fair Trading.
There’s plenty of different career paths you can take in real estate. Rewarding careers for an REIQ graduate of the Registration course include;
- Real Estate Agent / Residential Salesperson
- Property Manager
- Commercial Sales and Property Manager
- Business Broker
- Real Estate Office Administrator
Interested in becoming a Principal or owning your own real estate business? Find out more about our Full Licence course here.
Upcoming Face to Face Courses
|Registration Course||7 - 9 February 2022||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Morningside, Brisbane||0||$990.00|
|Registration Course||21 - 23 February 2022||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Southport, Gold Coast||1||$990.00|
|Registration Course||7 - 9 March 2022||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Morningside, Brisbane||5||$990.00|
|Registration Course||4 - 6 April 2022||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Morningside, Brisbane||20||$990.00|
|Registration Course||23 - 25 May 2022||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Toowoomba||30||$990.00|
|Registration Course||23 - 25 May 2022||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Cairns||30||$990.00|
|Registration Course||13 - 15 June 2022||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Mackay||30||$990.00|
Upcoming Online Courses
|Registration Course Online||$900.00|
WHY THIS COURSE
- Personalised Access one-on-one support from our industry expert tutors to achieve your goals faster.
- Flexible In person and online self-paced learning options, so you can study when best suits you.
- Industry relevant Our close ties to the real estate industry through our members mean we understand what’s happening in real estate right now. Whether it’s sales or property management courses, we know exactly what you need to succeed.
- Best practice We represent real estate in Queensland, so we want to help you be among the best in the profession.
- Trusted Chosen by over 60,000 real estate professionals to launch their careers.
We’ve represented Queensland real estate for more than 100 years. We have the knowledge, the network and the credibility to help you succeed.
Real estate training providing streamlined assessments and new state-of-the-art online learning platform. We also offer more assessment support from qualified trainers.
More real estate professionals trust the REIQ for training than any other QLD provider. More than a piece of paper, we give you what you need to know.
About the program
How long will it take me to complete the course?
Students can study as fast as they like but will have maximum 6 months to complete the 12 units of competency. During this time you can access your course content wherever and whenever you want.
How is the course delivered?
This course is available via online self-paced study or in-class training.
Please note that in-class training also requires students to complete some units of competency outside of designated class hours.
Once you sign up, we will provide you with a login for our e-learning platform, aXcelerate. You will be able to log into your account and access learning materials at any time.
What’s the difference between in-class and online self-paced study?
- In-class training provides students to access to networking opportunities with other students and the trainer;
- In-class students will have access to a trainer who will provide real life examples, scenarios and guidance related to each unit included in the program;
- While assessment tasks are not completed in class, students will be provided overview and guidance;
- In-class students are provided with access to all resources prior to the scheduled in-class to familiarise themselves with their assessments so any questions they have can be discussed with the trainer directly; and
- Post in-class delivery support available to all students via booking one on one.
Structure and Subjects
Upon successful completion of this course you’ll be issued with a Statement of Attainment with the following competencies:
- CPPREP4001 – Prepare for professional practice in real estate
- CPPREP4102 – Market property
- CPPREP4004 – Establish marketing and communication profiles in real estate
- CPPREP4103 – Establish vendor relationships
- CPPREP4101 -Appraise property for sale or lease
- CPPREP4121 – Establish landlord relationships
- CPPREP4104 – Establish buyer relationships
- CPPREP4105 – Sell property
- CPPREP4002 – Access and interpret ethical practice in real estate
- CPPREP4003 – Access and interpret legislation in real estate
- CPPREP4005 – Prepare to work with real estate trust accounts
- CPREP4123 – Manage tenancy
These units form part of the CPP41419 – Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
Get started in your new career for an investment of:
- Online – $900
- In-class – $990
This course is approved as a course of education and study from an approved education provider for the purpose of qualifying for a student payment. Under this agreement the course is offered up to 13 weeks full time duration of 35 hours per week (a total 455 study hours). This course is also offered up to 26 weeks part time at 17.5 hours per week, 50% study load. Domestic students who meet the requirements of an approved course of education and study may be eligible to receive student payment.
What REIQ graduates say
how they make the industry work for them
Angela Duncan, Ray White Aspley Group
Pascal Pierre, LJ Hooker Pacific Pines
Nathalie Southwell, Macwell Property
Daniel Brisblat, Place Graceville
Frequently Asked Questions
How are students supported to complete the course?
We offer personalised one-on-one tutorial sessions which is included in your course fees. These are conducted by Skype, phone, FaceTime or email. Trainers are also contactable by phone and email to help answer your questions during business hours. Book your free student support session here.
Do you offer custom private tutoring?
Are there any prerequisites?
There are no pre-requisites to study this course. However, all REIQ courses require LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) capabilities, such as a working knowledge of the English language and an understanding of various mathematical calculations. To ensure your ability to successfully complete our courses, you are required to demonstrate your LLN skills by completing a short LLN quiz as part of the enrolment process. Before completing your enrolment please refer to and read through the Student Handbook and Terms and Conditions.
What equipment do I need to undertake the course?
You will need:
- A computer to access online learning materials and undertake online assessments.
- Internet access for research, submitting online assessment items, and email for communication purposes and tutor assistance.
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) that can be obtained at www.usi.gov.au
What experience do the course trainers have?
Our trainers and assessors have at least 13 years experience in the real estate industry and are selected for their expertise and their ability to convey their skills and knowledge to students. The REIQ prides itself on providing up-to-date information, quality materials and comprehensive support to students undertaking their study with us. All REIQ training and assessment is developed by industry trainers in consultation with REIQ members and specialists in the subject area. All materials are regularly updated to ensure that REIQ’s training is meeting the needs of an ever-changing real estate profession.
Can I upgrade my registration to a full licence?
You may choose to upgrade to the full Real Estate Agent Licence Course which would enable you to work independently (as a business owner or contractor). Find out more about our Licence Upgrade course here!
Do you offer recognition of prior learning?
Absolutely! Please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Terms & Conditions for more information.
What happens after I complete the course?
On the successful completion of your assessments, the REIQ will issue you a Statement of Attainment which you can then take to the Office of Fair Trading to apply for a real estate registration certificate.