Connecting people and property
News & Insights
Property managers are confronted with a variety of complex issues on a daily basis, making it difficult for them to…
Marilyn Thurtell loves the Forest Lake community.
History & Vision
The Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ) is the state’s peak body for real estate professionals.
Since 1918, the REIQ has worked tirelessly to raise the standards within the real estate sector – influencing government, shaping legislation and contributing to the growth and development of the profession.
Few associations hold the reputation or brand recognition of the REIQ, which today, represents more than 4000 individual members,1600 agency offices and 15,000 property professionals.
For more than 100 years, the REIQ has proudly stood behind the wide variety of professionals within the sector, including principal licensees, salespeople, property managers, auctioneers, business brokers, buyers’ agents, resident unit managers, and commercial and industrial agents.
With a solid reputation as Queensland’s leading authority on real estate and property matters, the REIQ wears a number of hats, undertaking a vast array of activities on behalf of its members, and the wider real estate community, such as:
- Advocating and lobbying on behalf of its members and the profession
- Delivering industry-leading real estate training services
- Monitoring the real estate markets, delivering analysis and providing insights through articles and reports
- Providing real estate products and services, and
- Offering a platform for dispute resolution between member agents
- The REIQ exists to support members, the broader real estate sector, and the community at large, and is committed to the development of a healthy real estate ecosystem.