Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process that recognises the skills you have gained through prior study (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) or previous work experience or volunteer work.
Are you eligible for RPL?
- Previously completed the Real Estate Sales Person Registration Training under the CPP07 Training Package (prior to 2021);
- Have 3-5 years of industry experience;
- and want to upgrade to the Full Licence?
Then you may qualify for a blended training and assessment approach to your learning to help fast track your studies, where you can RPL the Registration related units (covering the 12 units) and then complete the 7 units online in the REIQ Student Management System.
The RPL Process
The RPL process starts with self-evaluation. Students are requested to consider the learning outcomes of each of the units for which RPL is requested. Students must provide evidence demonstrating competency in the relevant unit. A self-reflection tool will be provided to applicants at this stage.
Following the review of the Self-assessment and documents provided, the REIQ will provide a summary to the student of the modules they may be eligible for RPL for. If the student wishes to proceed, the following costs apply:
- RPL Assessment: $125 (per module)
- Gap Assessment: $125 (per module)
Following the self-assessment process, if the student finalizes enrolment into the RPL program, the RPL steps include a competency conversation with the RPL assessor, collection of evidence such as meeting minutes, completed forms and work documentation, procedures, position descriptions, workplace procedures and sign off from your workplace supervisor (current or previous or both), and potentially the demonstration of some workplace tasks and activities.
Students gaining competency through RPL will be provided with a transcript of results that identifies this. The REIQ will retain a copy of all supporting evidence and RPL documentation on file as required. Please note if RPL is granted, course notes or curriculum will not be provided.
Apply for RPL
- Have completed your Registration Program under the CPP07 Package (prior to 2021); and
- Have 3-5 Years recent industry experience; and
- Have the time, ability and capacity to collate a portfolio; and
- Are ready to enrol to upgrade your Registration units (12 units covered under the CCC19 Package)
For more detailed information on RPL, the fees and/or to apply please complete the following form and a member of the Training Team will contact you to discuss options and following steps.