REIQ Journal – 26 August – From the CEO
26 Aug 2020 · 1 min read
By The REIQ
IN THIS EDITION of the reiq journal:
- Off-Market Misses the Mark in COVID by REIQ Auctioneering Chapter Chair, David Holmes
- Queensland Housing Market Summary – June 2020 Quarter by Eliza Owen, Head of Research at CoreLogic
- Abandoned Property – What Property Managers Need to Know by Andrew Persijn, Special Counsel at Carter Newell
- Complete Your Appointment to Act Paperwork Carefully by Brian Bauer, Executive Director of the Office of Fair Trading
- Is it Time to Shut Up and Move On? by Aislinn Dwyer
- Lessons from Valenti’s First Year on the Board by Aislinn Dwyer
IN OTHER NEWS..
- New Greater Brisbane Restrictions: Premier Announces New Directive Effective Immediately, by Olivier Björksäter-Bleylock
- Missed yesterday’s live stream on the latest health directive’s impact on real estate? Watch the replay here.
- Congratulations to our partners, Carter Newell for their recent success at the Australasian Law Awards. Click here to learn more!
- Do you manage commercial office buildings? Your personal experience on the ground can shape future government policies and programs for the building services industry. Complete the University of Wollongong survey here.
Here’s what others have to say
I would like to share with you our experience that we have recently had through the REIQ Professional Development Team.We have had an awesome start to 2020 thanks to the great service provided by the REIQ Professional Development Team. Congratulations to Liz who started and finished her Certificate of Registration Course with the REIQ in December 2019. She loved the training, particularly the fact the trainers are experienced and still walk the talk and are active in real estate. Fast turnaround for marking of the assessments with help on hand by way of tutoring if needed meant she could get the Application to Office of Fair Trading for her registration happening quickly. We are thrilled, from start to finish with the course and application to Fair Trading she had her Certificate of Registration within 5 weeks. Really impressed with the training, help and support team REIQ gave Liz and the quick processing time by the Office of Fair Trading. We also regularly use the Property Management Support Service and General Agency Advice Service and believe it offers great value for our membership. The PMSS team provide practical advice by practising property management professionals who can relate to the everyday challenges property managers face. Keep up the good work Team REIQ,
05:56 21 Jan 20
I cannot recommend REIQ enough. The training, environment & staff were beyond my expectations. A special mention for Rachael who is a trainer at REIQ. Rachael knows her stuff. Her knowledge of the industry and style of delivery helped me get across the line and score my dream job.
05:11 15 Jan 20
I wasnt sure that I would get through the Agents and Licence course with everything I had on, made an attempt a year ago with another provider that went totally pear shaped but the REIQ course is structured in a way that made sense. While all of their trainers are experts in their field, they offer onsite student support on Tuesdays with Rachel providing the right advice and reassurance to get you there, even if you havent studied for a while. If you've ever wanted a career in Real Estate this is where you get started!
01:48 13 Jan 20
Great staff that are always helpful.
11:20 28 Dec 19
Great friendly environment
22:47 19 Nov 19
Very impressed with the trainers that I have had for the past 3 days. Each individual trainer was very helpful and made sure that everyone in the class understood everything before we progressed through the modules.
04:34 23 Oct 19
Recently completed my Licence course and thoroughly enjoyed the in-class tutorials taught by highly professional trainers with many years of industry experiences. The student support that is available every Tuesday is an extremely helpful resource, again with very experienced trainers to ensure you get the right advice the first time. REIQ has really structured the entire full Licence course end to end thoughtfully, especially when you’re new to this industry. Highly recommended!
07:01 02 Oct 19
Recently I completed the Real Estate Licensing course at REIQ and was blown away by the help and support provided by Ms. Connie McKee who is a trainer at REIQ. Connie is very professional and has years of knowledge and work experience in the Real Estate Industry. I am glad I chose REIQ as my pathway into the Real Estate Industry.
00:23 30 May 19
Helpful staff. Useful networking events and training videos.
Eagle Real Estate
02:27 25 Jul 18
Welcoming and friendly staff, always available to support their members. The Property Management Support Team is particularly helpful. Well worth the subscription fees just to have access to advice from these experienced practitioners.
21:29 16 Jun 18
12:06 05 Sep 17