Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process that recognises the skills you have gained through prior study (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) or previous work experience or volunteer work.
Are you eligible for RPL?
- Previously completed the Real Estate Sales Person Registration Training under the CPP07 Training Package (prior to 2021);
- Have 3-5 years of industry experience;
- and want to upgrade to the Full Licence?
Then you may qualify for a blended training and assessment approach to your learning to help fast track your studies, where you can RPL the Registration related units (covering the 12 units) and then complete the 7 units online in the REIQ Student Management System.
The RPL process
Upon review of an application, REIQ will contact students who may be eligible for RPL (full or partial) to arrange payment and enrolment into the relevant units or program. To assess your eligibility, applicants will be required to send their updated CV which should include their current position as well as any qualifications relevant to the Real Estate Industry (including academic transcripts showing units/subjects achieved).
Associated RPL Costs
- Single unit (per unit): $150
- Registration (12 Units): $750
- Upgrade (7 Units): $750
- Full Licence (19 Units): $1500
The RPL process starts with self-evaluation. Students are asked to consider the learning outcomes of each of the units for which they seek RPL, and then make a decision on whether they believe they can meet those learning outcomes and if they can provide evidence to demonstrate their competency. A self-reflection tool is provided to applicants at this stage.
Following the self-assessment process, the RPL steps include a competency conversation with your allocated RPL assessor at your convenience by appointment, collection of evidence such as meeting minutes, completed forms and work documentation, procedures, position descriptions, workplace procedures and sign off from your workplace supervisor (current or previous or both).
Students gaining competency through RPL will be provided with a transcript of results that identifies this. The REIQ will retain a copy of all supporting evidence and RPL documentation on file as required. Please note if RPL is granted, course notes or curriculum will not be provided.
Apply for RPL
- Have completed your Registration Program under the CPP07 Package (prior to 2021); and
- Have 3-5 Years recent industry experience; and
- Have the time, ability and capacity to collate a portfolio; and
- Are ready to enrol to upgrade your Registration units (12 units covered under the CCC19 Package)
For more detailed information on RPL, the fees and/or to apply please complete the following form and a member of the Training Team will contact you to discuss options and following steps.