The REIQ PM (Property Manager) Job Ready Program will boost your knowledge, build new skills and propel your career in Property Management! The program is specifically designed for anyone who has completed their certificate of Registration or Full Licence and wants to refresh, upskill or begin their career in Property Management. The program is jam-packed with content, practical advice and tips delivered by real estate and property management experts. Hit the ground running as a Property Manager and apply the theory you've learned to real-world examples.
PM Job Ready Program includes
- At the successful completion of this program students will be issued with a Statement of Completion
- Two-day face-to-face class and six months access to online resources
- FREE access to REIQ Career Networking events
- Hit the ground running as a Property Manager
Property Management is a rewarding career that will rapidly develop your interpersonal, communication and time-management skills, allowing you to make a valuable difference to the lives of tenants and property owners.
The Property Manager Job Ready Program will be facilitated by two of the REIQ’s Property Management Support Service (PMSS) Advisors and Senior Trainers & Assessors, Connie McKee and Selinda Randall, providing students the benefit of fully understanding the "why”.
Experienced property managers can explain why best practice systems and procedures need to be followed when implementing the legislation so students get a deeper understanding of managing the dynamic of the lessor and tenant relationship. Experienced specialists understand the importance of expectation management when dealing with lessors and tenants. Property management is a demanding profession which can be made easier when you understand the dynamics of managing other people’s emotions as well as your own.
Connie McKee’s real estate career spans four decades as a practitioner and over two decades as a qualified real estate trainer and assessor. Connie feels real estate touches everyone’s life and it is a privilege to be able to help clients and customers navigate through the sales and rental experience. She’s been a director of three highly successful real estate businesses specialising in all aspects of residential property management and sales. She currently has her own property business focusing on selling, buying and residential property management advice. She is a founding member of the REIQ Property Management Support Service and a highly regarded property management speaker and trainer.
With a career in real estate spanning over 25 years, Selinda is a practising property manager, the Principal Licensee of a property investment company, and a Senior REIQ trainer and advisor for the REIQ’s Property Management Support Service (PMSS). Selinda says the highlight of her career is definitely joining the REIQ team on the PMSS line. She loves speaking to different property managers and offering assistance – reminding them what a great job they are doing.
Students must hold a Real Estate Registration or Full Licence to enrol into this program.
Students will require:
- A computer to access online learning materials and a laptop to bring to the face-to-face delivery to access the course resources throughout the program.
The Property Manager Job Ready program has not only been designed and written by practising Property Managers, but will also be delivered by Property Management specialists, providing students with the ability to expand their knowledge (both practical and legislative) gained from the minimum requirements for registration, offering new Property Managers confidence in the workplace.
The program will include a practical hands-on, two-day delivery, with an additional six-month access to a specialised online program, allowing for ongoing development and student support.
Students are required to bring a charged laptop to access resources during the program, with access to the online content being provided one week prior to the commencement, allowing them to familiarise themselves with the platform and program.
Topics included in the program:
- The Role of the Property Manager, overview of tasks and relevant agency processes
- Understanding Statutory Forms, Legal Forms and Required Notices and Notice Periods
- What is the Form 6 Appointment to Act
- Leasing and Marketing, Applications and the Vetting Process and Bond and Rent Payment
- The Importance of the Entry Condition Report
- Inducting the Tenant/s and Signing the Agreement
- Routine Inspections, Rental Arrears and Repairs and Maintenance
- Lease Renewals and Renewing Existing Agreements
- The Vacating Process and the Exit Condition Report
- Non Liveability, Abandonment, Sale of Premises, Breaches, Mortgagees in Possession and Death of a Sole Tenant
- Termination by Tribunal, Retaliatory Action and Disputes and Compensation
- Receiving Complaints, the Acknowledgment Process, Complaint Checklist and Resolving Issues and Final Outcomes
- Trust Accounting
- The key to Time Management and your Weekly Planner
- Excellence in Customer Service including Oral and Written Communication
- Understanding Risk Management, the Risk Control Process and Your Responsibility
Plus much more!
Based on 155 reviews.
Other courses for you
Why you should study with the REIQ
Expert Industry Trainers
Learn from the best. All our trainers have at least 13 years’ industry experience and still have highly successful careers in real estate. Now as teachers, they can pass on their industry expertise to you.
As the peak body for real estate in Queensland, the REIQ is highly regarded by the industry and known for producing job-ready professionals. Real estate agencies are 60% more likely to hire REIQ graduates.
We offer FREE 12-month graduate membership to help you succeed during your first year in the industry. Graduate membership assists with a seamless transition from student to professional.
As an REIQ student, you'll receive FREE one-on-one student support sessions with our expert trainers during your studies to ensure you are supported every step of the way. You can also book private one-hour tutorials if needed (fees apply).
REIQ students receive FREE career networking opportunities to meet with credible agencies. These events are a great opportunity to connect with industry professionals and potential employers in a casual environment.
Maximum flexibility for you. Choose to pay your course upfront or enter into a payment plan.