New Tenancy Laws forms updated from 1 October 2022
New tenancy laws come into effect this Saturday October 1 2022.
New and updated forms, check lists and fact sheets will be released on Realworks that day, including:
- New RTA Forms including Form 12 Notice to Leave and Form 18 General Tenancy Agreement;
- Updated PO Form 6 REIQ Schedule and Essential Terms, Property Management Checklists; and
- New and updated Client Instruction Forms, Factsheets, Letters to Client and Letters to Tenant.
The REIQ will also be updating the New Tenancy Laws Toolkit to outline each of the new forms and how they fit into our best practice advice. The Toolkit contains an overview of the REIQ's recommendations of how to navigate the new laws.
New forms include:
- Letter template for property managers to send to the body corporate when they receive a pet request to ask for a response within 14 days highlighting the consequences of a deemed pet approval;
- Checklist for the pet approval process;
- Checklist for dealing with routine and emergency repairs;
- Checklist for lease renewals and ending tenancies; and
- Checklist and client instruction form for amending your fees in the PO Form 6.
15 Nov 2019
3 min read
Are your property transactions safe from cybercrime?
The property market is the perfect playground for cybercriminals - large sums of money are constantly being transferred between parties with the majority of communications sent via email.
15 Nov 2019
5 min read
Be careful what you do with confidential information
The recent settlement of a claim between a real estate agency and a former employee serves as a timely reminder to real estate professionals that utilising a former employer's confidential client information can be very costly.