We’ve represented Queensland real estate for more than 100 years. We have the knowledge, the network and the credibility to help you succeed.
Streamlined assessments, priority marking option and flexible online-learning. We also offer more assessment support from qualified trainers.
More real estate professionals trust the REIQ for training than any other QLD provider. More than a piece of paper, we give you what you need to know.
REAL ESTATE CAREER OPTIONS & UPGRADES
Real estate is a career with flexibility! You can start out as a Property Manager, and then become a Principal Licensee and Business Owner. Or try your hand as a real estate Salesperson and then become an Auctioneer or Buyer’s Agent. Real estate careers also include commercial property and business sales, residential letting and shopping centre management. If you already have a real estate qualification, you may be able to upgrade to a new career by completing one of the courses listed below!
REAL ESTATE COURSE UPGRADES
Buyer's Agent course
This one unit of study enables an existing registration or licence holder to be appointed as a Buyer’s Agent. This unit will show you how to:
- complete legal documentation
- negotiate on behalf of the buyer
- present offers to the seller’s agent
- prepare property reports
- conduct property inspections
- receive & hold deposit monies
The work of a buyer’s agent restricts the holder of the licence to acting as an agent for a prospective purchaser of residential housing or land only.
Chattel Auctioneer Licence
Allows you to sell a range of goods from cars, to furniture, antiques and even livestock – basically anything except real estate. This course covers how to:
- conduct an auction of any chattel
- attempt or offer to hold any of these auctions
- sell these items by any means during the auction period
Real Estate Auctioneer Licence
Allows you to sell real estate and conduct a real estate auction.
Resident Letting Agent (RLA) Licence
Allows you to rent and manage properties & operate a Trust Account. It’s important to note – an RLA licence allows you to manage the complex that you are located in, so you’re restricted to rent a unit within the complex you manage (i.e. the principal place of business must be located in the complex you are letting)
This qualification would NOT enable you to sell real estate (including any units in your complex).
Shopping Centre (Business Letting) Licence
You must have a current licence to work as a business-letting agent, either as an individual or as a corporation. This is a limited form of a real estate licence. Your company must have a corporate licence to rent and manage shops in a Shopping Centre (known as Business Letting). A Shopping Centre (Business Letting) licence allows your company to:
- let businesses or interest in business
- negotiate for the letting of businesses or interests in businesses & collect rents
Upgrade from a Real Estate Licence to a CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate)
If you hold a current Real Estate Licence and you’d like to attain the Certificate IV in Property Services you will be required to complete a further 5 units of study.
Upgrade from Auctioneer Licence to Real Estate Licence
To upgrade from an Auctioneer Licence to a Full Real Estate Licence, you will need to undertake an additional 15 units of competency.
Upgrade from Registration and Auctioneer Licence to a Real Estate Licence
If you hold a Registration Certificate and an Auctioneer Licence, to attain a Full Real Estate Licence you would need to complete additional 8 units of competency.
Upgrade from Registration Certificate to Resident Letting Agent (RLA) Licence
Holders of a current Registration Certificate can upgrade to an RLA licence, which allows you to rent and manage properties & operate a Trust Account. It’s important to note that the RLA licence only allows you to manage the complex that you are located in (so you’re restricted to renting units within the complex you manage). The principal place of business must be located in the complex you are letting.
Upgrade from Registration & Resident Letting Agent (RLA), to a Real Estate Licence
Holders of a current Registration Certificate & RLA Licence can upgrade to the Full Real Estate Licence, which allows you to work independently in the Queensland real estate profession. This licence allows you to own and operate your own business as well as open a Trust Account. It also allows you to work as an independent contractor, which means you are your own business under the umbrella of a Real Estate Company.
Upgrade from Resident Letting Agent (RLA) Licence to Registration Certificate
If you hold a current RLA Licence, to upgrade to a Registration Certificate you will need an additional 5 units of competency.
Upgrade from Resident Letting Agent (RLA) to Real Estate Licence
Holders of a current RLA Licence can upgrade to their Full Real Estate Licence to enable them to sell units.
CPP40307 - Certificate IV course
Upon successful completion of this course you’ll be issued with a Statement of Attainment with the following competencies:
- CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry
- CPPDSM4009B – Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4012A – List property for sale
- CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4022A – Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4010A – Lease property
- CPPDSM4011A – List property for lease
- CPPDSM4007A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4016A – Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
- CPPDSM4046A – Manage tenancy disputes
- CPPDSM4013A – Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4006A – Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- BSBMB406 – Manage small business finances
- CPPDSM4003A – Appraise property
- CPPDSM4019A – Prepare for auction and complete sale
- CPPDSM4005A – Establish and build client-agency relationships
- CPPDSM4018A – Prepare and present property reports
- CPPDSM4014A – Market property for sale
- CPPDSM4001A – Act as a buyer’s agent
- CPPDSM4020A – Present at tribunals
- CPPDSM4036A – Broker sale of industrial, commercial and retail property
- CPPDSM4056A – Manage conflict and disputes in the property industry
- CPPDSM4079A – Work in the business broking sector