The Real Estate Institute of Queensland Limited (the REIQ) is committed to providing quality training and assessment in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015. As such, the REIQ is required to have and provide details of fair and reasonable refund processes.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that, when required, a fair and equitable system for the refund of training course fees is available to clients.
The REIQ ensures that all students have the opportunity to receive a refund if requested.
The following principles underpin this policy:
- All applications for a refund must be made in writing.
- Students may request a refund for courses within 7 days from the course purchase date. The
course fee will be refunded less the relevant administration fee detailed below in Table 1 for each
- REIQ will retain 100% of the course fees where a request for a refund is made more than 7 days
after the course purchase date, unless the student can provide a medical certificate or provide
evidence to the absolute satisfaction of the REIQ demonstrating extreme personal hardship. Under
these circumstances, refunds are at the absolute discretion of the CEO or Training Services
- Any request for refund which results in the forfeiture of all course fees, will result in the student
being given the option of transferring to the next available course by paying the applicable
administration fee listed in Table 1 below. Should a student who has transferred under these
conditions subsequently cancel their course, full course and administration fees will be retained
by the REIQ.
- Refunds will not be granted for recognition of prior learning assessments after enrolment.
- In all other cases, refunds are at the discretion of the CEO or Training Services Manager and may
be negotiated on an individual case-by-case basis in accordance with REIQ’s Access and Equity
- Any fees incurred in the processing of refunds will be for the students account and will be deducted
from the approved refund amount. This includes International bank fees and charges.
- REIQ will refund the full course fee if the course has been cancelled by REIQ beyond the students
control and the student elects not to reschedule or enroll in another course .
- REIQ reserves the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule courses due to low enrolments or
unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur a full course refund and/or an opportunity to
reschedule (without penalty) will be offered. REIQ is not responsible for any travel or
accommodation fees lost.
- Where a candidate’s refund request is granted, the applicable refund amount will be provided
within (30) thirty days of receipt.
Table 1 : Course administration fees
|Full Certificate IV||$630|
|RLA to Full Licence||$525|
|RLA to registration||$341.25|
|Registration and RLA to Full Licence||$603.75|
|Registration to RLA||$100|
|Auctioneers to Full Licence||$393.75|
|Full Licence to Cert IV||$367.50|
The Training Service Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy. The Financial Accountant is responsible for processing all approved refund requests within (30) Thirty days of receipt.
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
- REIQ Access and Equity Policy.