The Real Estate Institute of Queensland Limited (the REIQ) is committed to providing quality training and assessment in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that, when required, a fair and equitable system for the refund of training course fees is available to students and ensures that all students have the opportunity to receive a refund, where applicable.
The following principles underpin this policy:
- All applications for a refund must be made in writing.
- Students may request a refund for courses within 7 days from the course purchase date. The course fee will be refunded less the Administration Fee.
- REIQ will retain 100% of the course fees where a request for a refund is made more than 7 days after the course purchase date, unless the student can provide a medical certificate or provide evidence to the absolute satisfaction of the REIQ demonstrating extreme personal hardship. Under these circumstances, refunds are at the absolute discretion of the CEO or Training Services Manager. An Administration Fee may apply if a refund is approved.
- Any request for refund which results in the forfeiture of all course fees, will result in the student being given the option of transferring to the next available course by paying the Administration Fee. Should a student who has transferred under these conditions subsequently cancel their course, full course and administration fees will be retained by the REIQ.
- Refunds will not be granted for recognition of prior learning assessments after enrolment, where recognition resources and services have been supplied to the student.
- In all other cases, refunds are at the discretion of the CEO or Training Services Manager and may be negotiated on an individual case-by-case basis.
- Any fees incurred in the processing of refunds will be for the students account and will be deducted from the approved refund amount. This includes International bank fees and charges.
- REIQ will refund the full course fee if the course has been cancelled by REIQ beyond the students control and the student elects not to reschedule or enroll in another course.
- Where a candidate’s refund request is granted, the applicable refund amount will be provided within (30) thirty days of receipt
*The Administration Fee is equivalent to 20% of the applicable course fee.
The Training Services Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for processing all approved refund requests within (30) Thirty days of receipt.
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015