REIQ membership terms & conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern new Membership applications and Membership renewals. REIQ members are bound by these Terms and Conditions and the REIQ Constitution and By-laws. REIQ membership and its rights are personal to the Member and are not transferrable
“Eligible Member” has the same meaning as defined in the REIQ Constitution and By-Laws;
“Eligibility Requirements” means the eligibility requirements promulgated by the REIQ for Membership;
“Member” means the individual or entity that has applied for Membership and has been accepted and approved as a member of the REIQ;
“Membership” means membership of the REIQ;
“Membership Application” means the application for Membership prescribed by the REIQ from time to time;
“Membership Fee” means the fee payable for relevant membership category as determined by the REIQ from time to time and specified in the REIQ By-Laws;
“REIQ” means The Real Estate Institute of Queensland Ltd;
“We” means the REIQ;
“You” or “Your” means the person or entity making application to become a Member and/or the Member;
“Us” means the REIQ; and
“Website” means www.reiq.com.au.
Application for Membership
- Application for Membership is subject to Eligibility Requirements and payment of the Membership Fee;
- You are required to provide accurate and complete information and it is Your responsibility to keep Your details up to date once Your Membership is approved;
- You will receive a confirmation email upon successful approval of Your Membership. Subject to clause 6, Your Membership is deemed accepted on the day You receive the email.
- The Membership Fee may be paid by either:
- A single upfront annual payment via a credit card; or
- An ongoing monthly direct debit, payable monthly in advance.
- A monthly pro-rata of the annual Membership Fee applies, depending on the month in which a Membership Application is lodged.
- We may increase the Membership Fee from time to time. You will receive at least one months’ notice of the intended increase by email of by notice on our Website.
- Membership runs from 1 January to 31 Decembereach year.
Change of Membership Details
Only the Member or a person authorised in writing by the Member may request a change in membership details.
- The Membership Fee is non-refundable.
- The REIQ reserves the right to provide refunds of Membership Fees in limited circumstances, namely:
- If Your Membership Application has been declined or Membership is terminated by the REIQ; or
- Exceptional circumstances prevent You from continuing Your Membership. You must contact Us in writing outlining the circumstances for consideration via email: email@example.com
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- All Members must undertake CPD activities equivalent to 100 points each year unless the REIQ has granted an exemption in writing.
- Members are expected to personally maintain a record of their yearly CPD activities.
- The REIQ may conduct CPD audits to monitor compliance. If selected for audit, the selected Member will be notified and requested to submit CPD records and other supporting documentation. Failure to comply with a request for evidence of CPD training may result in termination or suspension of Membership.
- Failure to comply with applicable CPD requirements may result in termination or suspension of Membership.
- Accredited Agency Members (including letting agents) must maintain professional indemnity insurance (PII) cover of not less than $1,000,000.
- Applications for Membership will be processed for provisional membership pending receipt of a copy of the policy schedule being received at REIQ within 30 days of application.
All financial Members have the right to vote in Board Elections and at the REIQ Annual General Meeting provided they are an Eligible Member.
- Your identifying details being made accessible on our Website;
- Receiving educational, marketing and promotional materials and emails from Us and our approved third-party providers.
We may update these Terms and Conditions, from time to time. The updated Terms and Conditions will apply from the time of posting on our Website.
REIQ membership fees 2022
|Type of Membership||Price of Membership|
|Accredited Agency - Large||$1,243.00|
|Accredited Agency - Micro||$841.00|
|Accredited Agency - Branch||$418.00|
|Individual Membership - Practising and Associate||$217.00|
|Affiliate Membership - Corporate||$263.00|
|Affiliate Membership - Individual||$192.00|