Commercial property management program 2022
The REIQ offers the Commercial Series in Property Management to both newcomers and existing professionals seeking to establish and continuously develop their skills as commercial specialists. The Commercial Property Management series is designed to provide a solid basis of skills and knowledge that can be used as a reference guide for your career in the commercial sector.
Commencing with the foundation course “Introduction to Commercial Real Estate”, this series encompasses acquiring and commencing a new management, retail leasing, lease and retail management, preparing financial and management reports and operations management.
The course is delivered in a total of four days over two parts. Part 1 on 16 and 17 June and Part 2 on 27 and 28 July 2022.Event Information:
Michelle has held senior commercial property management roles with Jones Lang LaSalle and Colliers International & DTZ.She has excellent insight into the needs of her clients and their customers. She is highly regarded for her industry knowledge and expertise in commercial, industrial and retail property management.Michelle holds certifications with Property Council of Australia, Institute of Public Accountants and QLD Building Services Authority.
Part 1 – 16 and 17 June 2022
Introduction to Commercial Real Estate (16 June – Thursday)
‘Introduction to Commercial Real Estate’ provides a solid foundation of knowledge of the commercial sector, and of the unique nature of commercial transactions. The commercial property market is now very accessible to private owners and investors. This course allows you to understand the mindset of your clients, which in turn enables you to establish how to best service
The course explains:
– Who chooses to invest in commercial property
– Why do they choose to invest in commercial property
– How do these investors make money from their commercial property investment
Attendees will gain an understanding of key terminology and processes connected to:
- The Market;
- The investors objectives;
- Commercial Precinct.
Acquiring and Commencing New Management (17 June – Friday)
This module (specific to those practicing in the Real Estate profession) is about ensuring the handover of your new a commercial property is implemented as smoothly as possible. This module adds to your Commercial Property Management Reference Guide by providing examples of:
- Property Manager’s job description;
- Management submission;
- Property occupations Form 6;
- Templates for property management handover checklists;
- A master structural detailed inspection checklist.
Instruction is provided in the use of these documents along with the process of acquiring new management. The class considers the skills required of the manager and the agency. We look at innovative steps to generate listings and to be aware of the market. We then prepare for the meeting with our prospective client. The various elements of retail, office or industrial property are detailed in the module and to review from your Reference Guide when you need it.
Part 2 on 27 and 28 July 2022
Retail Leasing (27 July – Wednesday)
This module provides for ample explanation of retail law, definitions and jargon. From the “how to” to the “must do” the information provided will be a valuable addition to your commercial management guide. Depending on individual circumstances you may file, “how to determine market share” away for a later date, but rely on the ‘retail forms workshop’ immediately. We will discuss the state of play of the current market, tenancy mix and franchise tenants.
Retail Property Management (27 July – Wednesday)
The key topics, with standard letters and checklists, include:
- Lease obligations during and at the end of the lease;
- Breaches of lease and recovering outstanding rent;
- Rent reviews;
- The assignment of lease procedures;
- Conducting a retail inspection
The manual also includes chapters on evaluating a tenancy mix, and the key factors in Business and Marketing Plans together with a sample Retailer Manual.
Preparing Financial and Management Reports (28 July – Thursday)
We cover the legal aspects of reporting together with:
- Budgeting, including worksheets;
- Preparing a management report, including a sample;
- Financial management and recovering arrears;
- Preparing outgoings reconciliation.
Operations Management (28 July – Thursday)
This module provides attendees with an understanding of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and its impact on:
- Asbestos and fire protection;
- Calling for tenders and engaging contractors;
- Conducting inspections and understanding Building Services.
We look at the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure Act, Green Lease obligations, and other government initiatives that impact on the operating costs of commercial property.
Dates and time
Part 1: 16 and 17 June 2022 | 9am to 4pm
Part 2: 27 and 28 July 2022 | 9am to 4pm
Wynnum Manly Leagues Club | 92 Wondall Road, Manly West 4179
Price: $880 members | $1,100 non-members Incl GST
Includes morning tea and lunch
Parking: Complimentary Parking is located on site
CPD: 100 points
* Click here to read our full terms and conditions
REIQ will comply with all Government directions, orders and regulations relevant to attending live events, which may be in place at the time of the event. REIQ will comply and adhere with the legal and contractual requirements imposed by external venue providers in line with Government directions, orders and regulations at the time of the event.
No refunds will be granted should an attendee be denied entry to the event due to a breach of the event terms and conditions or non-compliance with government health directives.
Instructions to book:
* Prices are inclusive of GST.
* Please ensure you log in using an individual log in, not an agency log in
* We do not raise invoices for event bookings. Payment via credit card is required at time of booking. A tax invoice will be issued upon receipt of payment
* Tickets will not be issues for this event, your name will be on the guest list at registration
If you have any questions or need assistance booking, please contact email@example.com or call 1300 MYREIQ (1300 697 347)