You had me at ‘play!’
When does a buyer’s engagement with an agent begin? If you think it starts when you meet the buyer, your line of thinking definitely belongs in the last century! Think of the buyer relationship being formed as part of a journey and then work out where the journey begins for them and how you can become their agent before they even realise they need one.
Here’s a news flash: most first-time meetings with consumers will happen without you being there, and without you even knowing it’s happened – on video. It could be a video about you, by you or featuring one of your listings – but it will be the start. No video means a missed opportunity with hundreds of potential clients. In today’s digital world, home buyers are searching everything from social media platforms through to portals and of course an agent’s website to find their next home (and in turn, the agent to sell it to them).
You can no longer afford to rely on marketing strategies that might have worked two years ago. There are so many digital channels that aren’t being fully utilised in today’s digital climate, such as Instagram stories, Facebook Live and more. Agents need to be across every avenue a homebuyer might be looking at and have engaging content to attract them.
Uploading photos and floorplans on portals and your website isn’t enough to reach and/or hold a buyer or seller’s attention. Having high quality, consistent and engaging video content to push online and through social media is key to being top-of-mind in your local market, with the added benefit of more views on your listing and increased brand recognition.
One of the biggest financial transactions in a person’s life (yes, I’m talking about buying and/or selling a property here) needs to be made with as much information as possible. As technology evolves, homebuyers are expecting to be able to do more with a listing online and know more about the property before attending an OFI or inspection. The inspection becomes a confirmation of what they have already learned about the property online and there’s no better way to showcase that than with a video.
Buyer engagement on an online listing translates to currency for an agent. The more time on a listing, the more chance they’ll want to see it in person, the more chance they’ll buy. Imagine your listing is a buyer funnel. What will make them click on your listing? Video and 360-tours have shown to be excellent drivers especially on social media where video has a 40 per cent higher click through than other social updates. (House Hunt 2016).
Video is truly the best way to capture the true essence of a home. Unless you’re physically in a home, there’s nothing better to capture the feel and look of the space than video. More and more home buyers expect to see video with a listing and sellers expect it as a part of their deal with you. If you don’t have it, you just might lose that business!
Here are 12 compelling facts about why you should be using video on all your listings:
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (MWP).
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they’re more likely to choose video (MWP).
- Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts the open rates by 19% (Syndacast).
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversion by 80% (EyeView).
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service (ThinkWithGoogle).
- Four times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it (Animoto).
- 500 million people are watching videos on Facebook every day (TubularInsights).
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter (Bloomberg).
- 43% of marketers say they’d create more video content if there were no obstacles like time, resources and budget (Buffer).
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best return on investment (Syndacast).
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (VidYard).
- People spend on average 2.6 times more time on pages with video than without (Wistia).
- Only 9%* of agents create listing videos. That spells BIG opportunity! (*As at September 2018).
Kevin Turner hosts Australasia’s longest running and most listened to podcast for real estate agents, business owners and property managers – Real Estate UNCUT. He is also the Anchor for international property OTT network – PropertyTV.io.