New RTA Forms 2020
December 2020 Update
The Queensland Government has extended the relevant provisions of the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation (COVID-19 Emergency Response) Regulation 2020 (RTRA COVID-19 Regulations) until 30 April 2021, which apply to all general tenancies and rooming accommodation. The amendments are designed to help the Queensland residential rental sector transition back to normal tenancy arrangements and processes under the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008.
The Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) have updated their online forms to reflect the Queensland Government’s extension of temporary COVID-19 arrangements. In these updated forms, the RTA has removed all references to the previous 31 December, 2020 expiry date in line with the amended RTRA COVID-19 Regulations. A comprehensive list of updated RTA forms is provided below. Please ensure you download and use these versions should you require the need to use them:
- Domestic and family violence notice ending tenancy
- Domestic and family violence notice ending residency
- Domestic and family violence report
- Notice of lessor’s intention to sell premises (Form 10)
- Notice to leave (Form 12)
- Notice to leave (Form R12)
- Notice of intention to leave (Form 13)
- Notice of intention to leave (Form R13)
Notice to vacate from mortgagee to tenants (Form 19) – this change does not relate to COVID-19. Instead it clarifies when a Form 19 can/can’t be used, as now outlined in the explanatory notes on page two.