COVID-19 Greater Brisbane – 3 Day Lockdown
This page is no longer being updated. Please go to our Coronavirus Fast Facts page for the latest information.
Please be advised that the below information is from the January 2021 lockdown and has not been updated since.
With the recent COVID-19 lockdown announcement, the REIQ remains focused on the health and safety of its members, staff and local communities across Queensland.
While contact tracers work to ensure the UK strain of COVID-19 is not circulating in the community, Greater Brisbane will go into lockdown for three days from 6pm tonight, Friday 8 January, until 6pm Monday 11 January.
Masks will need to be worn at all times in those local government areas except if people are at home.
If you reside or conduct business outside of these areas, the lockdown ¬ does not apply.
1. Employers where possible, should direct staff to work remotely.
2. If this is not reasonably practicable, agencies must adhere to the density requirement (one person per 4 square metres) and the COVID Safe Industry Plan for Queensland Real Estate.
3. Agencies are encouraged to communicate with clients by phone/email/digital meeting.
Open Homes, Inspections and Auctions
No physical open home, inspections and auctions are permitted in the Greater Brisbane Area during the lockdown.
Agencies can use alternative methods including virtual inspections, live streaming conducted by the tenant or owner, or by detailed photographs during this period. For further guidance on this matter, please read our Coronavirus Technology Solutions Toolkit.
Legal Obligations: The stay at home requirements allow certain exemptions including legal obligations. For example: Completion of property settlements.
The Strata Community Association recommended that body corporate committees follow suit and resolve to:
• close all amenities for the period starting Friday, 8 January 2021, 6pm to Monday, 11 January 2021 6pm. The Committee is empowered to shut down recreational facilities in accordance with Section 18 of the COVID-19 Emergency Response Community Titles Schemes and Other Matters Response Regulations (in place until 31 March 2021).
• put up signage to encourage positive and safe behavior on common property, including that masks are to be worn outside of private residential spaces ( SCA COVID-19 poster template). However, a body corporate does not have the authority to enforce this under its legislative powers without making a by-law requiring masks to be worn, but the signage will help raise awareness of the Directive.
For further information, please refer to: Greater Brisbane – Lockdown (mailchi.mp).
Residents of Greater Brisbane cannot leave their place of residence for the purpose of taking a holiday and are only permitted to leave:
• to attend work if you can’t work from home
• to buy essentials like groceries and medicine
• to look after the vulnerable
• exercise within their neighbourhood.
Anyone choosing to holiday in the Greater Brisbane Area during the lockdown must adhere to Government lockdown restrictions.
We encourage all agencies to utilise electronic alternatives whilst trading during the lockdown. E.g executing contractual documentation via DocuSign and One Touch Execution. Please click here to access our Coronavirus Toolkit for further information on alternative Technology Solutions.
For more detailed information please visit: Greater Brisbane 3-day lockdown | Health and wellbeing | Queensland Government (www.qld.gov.au) or contact the REIQ Agency Advisory Service on 1300 MY REIQ (1300 697 347) or email email@example.com.