Breakout sessions include:
- QCAT essentials: Back by popular demand!
In this session, Connie McKee will answer some of the most frequently asked questions relating to QCAT and property management generally. This not-to-be-missed update will cover topics such as domestic violence related terminations, tenancy agreement breaches and consequential lessor compensation claims, section 299 repeated breaches, counter applications, ,electronic signatures, water usage and solar power charges plus more!
- Lee Woodward - Prospecting that connects & delivers tomorrow’s income:
The number one issue holding real estate agents back is a failure to strategically and actively find future business. The world has changed. Traditional prospecting models that relied on talking to strangers are no longer working. Agents still stuck in their old ways are spending a fortune chasing strangers and seeing little reward for their efforts. Prospecting for future business relies on a careful balance between modern methods to suit today’s digital world and authentic personal interaction. Lee’s fresh modern take on prospecting will show you how easy it is to get this vital part of your business humming so you never have to stress about tomorrow’s income again.
- Craig Cherry - Customer Loyalty, How do you get it and how do you keep it?
: Can you factually demonstrate what your customers are saying about you using statistically valid proven methodology? If you can't then you are missing an essential ingredient to your revenue growth. The single best way to improve revenue is having your current and previous customers come back and recommend others to you. The conversations they are having about you are either growing or limiting your revenue.
- Kylie Davis - The cost of not innovating in property management
: Why do we need to worry about technology in property management? Shouldn't we just focus on hitting our targets and revenue per client? Kylie Davis looks at the data that shows how much ignoring innovation is costing property management and how technology can dramatically improve customer experiences - and business growth.
- Connie McKee & Sean Roberts - Disputes, breaches and getting the Form 18a right
: Minimise disputes in tenancy situations by understanding and setting up the Form 18a General Tenancy Agreement correctly. Learn the difference between standard terms and lawful special terms and the critical elements associated with water usage, solar power, rent payment methods and how notices are issued In this practical session Sean Roberts, REIQ Legal Counsel and Connie McKee, REIQ Trainer and member of the PMSS support service team will discuss what's law, what's lawful and what's best practice in handling breaches of the agreement, disputes and the key areas they have seen property managers get the Form 18a wrong and how to avoid these mistakes.
- Dean Yeo, Real Estate Dynamics - How to thrive in 2019: Get the tools you need to THRIVE in this changing market and help maximise the reward for time spent in your business. Learn how to improve your profit, uncover additional income and make simple changes to be more efficient. Plus, develop strategies to improve the value of yours and maximize your sale.