We’ve represented Queensland real estate for more than 100 years. We have the knowledge, the network and the credibility to help you succeed.
Streamlined assessments, priority marking option and flexible online-learning. We also offer more assessment support from qualified trainers.
More real estate professionals trust the REIQ for training than any other QLD provider. More than a piece of paper, we give you what you need to know.
Real estate licence course overview
Upon successful completion of this course you’ll be issued with a Statement of Attainment with the following competencies:
- CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry
- CPPDSM4009B – Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4012A – List property for sale
- CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4022A – Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4010A – Lease property
- CPPDSM4011A – List property for lease
- CPPDSM40007A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4016A – Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
- CPPDSM4046A – Manage tenancy disputes
- CPPDSM4013A – Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4006A – Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- BSBSMB406 – Manage small business finances
- CPPDSM4003A – Appraise property
- CPPDSM4019A – Prepare for auction and complete sale
- CPPDSM4005A – Establish and build client-agency relationships
- CPPDSM4018A – Prepare and present property reports
- CPPDSM4014A – Market property for sale
This real estate course will enable you to work as an independent contractor or open your own real estate business (and be a Principal Licensee).
- Flexible The REIQ offers both online-only and blended study options so you can choose what suits you best.
- Practical and up-to-date We represent real estate in Queensland, so we want to help you be among the best in the profession. Our close ties to the real estate industry through our members means we understand what’s happening in real estate right now and what you need to succeed.
- More help available We also offer student tutor support services three days per week. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and book in for a one on one session with our industry expert tutors.
Duration - self-paced, with up to 12 months to complete including assessments
If you choose the online study option, this is fully self-paced. If you opt for the Online Plus option – you will be able to attend the live interactive webinars with our industry expert trainers.
Whichever study option you choose, you can access the online course materials and assessments anytime and complete the course at your own pace.
How it works – choose Online or Online Plus
The choice is yours! And if you choose to study online, but later decide you’d like to register for Online Plus (inclusive of live trainer facilitated webinars), you can do so by paying the difference in price.
Online – fully online-study at your own pace when and where you want to
Online Plus – study your course online with live interactive webinars delivered by our Industry trainers on pre- set dates each month. (also recorded for you to view and reflect on at a later date/ time)
Price - from $1,600 (online) to $1,750 (online plus)
Pricing depends on your choice of online or online plus and we also offer optional extras such as priority marking.
REIQ trainers have at least eight years’ experience in the real estate profession and are up-to-date with current best practice. We offer a unique service of personalised one on one tutorial sessions with our trainers on three days each week, at no additional fee to you (or ‘inclusive in course cost’). These are conducted by Skype, phone or email. Trainers are also contactable by phone and email to help answer your questions during business hours. Book a session by emailing email@example.com As the peak body for the Queensland real estate profession, we want to help you succeed.
Priority marking - optional extra
Priority marking is available for when students want to fast track their assessments being marked within 2 business days. For enquiries and fees email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Who is this course for?
This qualification means you can work independently in real estate, either as an independent contractor or open your own real estate business (and be a Principal Licensee). On the successful completion of your assessments, the REIQ will issue you a Statement of Attainment which you can then take to the Office of Fair Trading to apply for a Real Estate Licence.
Trainers - Industry experts working in the profession right now
Our trainers and assessors are selected for their real estate expertise and their ability to convey their skills and knowledge to students. The REIQ prides itself on providing up-to-date information, quality materials and comprehensive support to students undertaking their study with us. All REIQ training and assessment is developed by industry trainers in consultation with REIQ members and specialists in the subject area. All materials are regularly updated to ensure that REIQ’s training is meeting the needs of an ever-changing real estate profession.
You may choose to specialise in a range of additional areas of the real estate profession, including Auctioneer, Resident Letting Agent, Business Broker, Buyers Agent and many more.
What you will need - laptop, internet access and a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
You will need a laptop to undertake online assessments and conduct research to complete this course. This information is provided in our course information sheets and at time of enrolment. You will need access to the internet for research, submitting online assessment items, and email for communication purposes and tutor assistance. All students studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you do not have a USI, you can access the website at usi.gov.au
There are no pre-requisites for this course. However, all REIQ courses require LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) capabilities, such as a working knowledge of the English language and an understanding of various mathematical calculations. To ensure your ability to successfully complete our courses, you are required to demonstrate your LLN skills by completing a short LLN quiz as part of the enrolment process. Before completing your enrolment please refer to and read through the Student Handbook and terms and conditions located below.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
REIQ offers RPL. To apply please complete the form on this page.
With a background in education and finance, Linda Stanton came to real estate with an eye for quality and a respect for best-practice. She now runs a successful real estate business of her own on the Gold Coast. Watch the video to hear why Linda chooses the REIQ for real estate training.Watch Video