NEW TRAINING PACKAGE OPEN FOR ENROLMENT
The Licence Course under the new training package qualification, CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice, is now open for enrolment! If you’re looking for a career where you’re rewarded for the hard work you put in, that’s flexible, and you can take almost anywhere, get started today!
Upcoming Face to Face Courses
|Full Licence Course||15 - 19 November 2021||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Morningside, Brisbane||26||$1,800.00|
|Full Licence Course||6 - 10 December 2021||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Morningside, Brisbane||29||$1,800.00|
Upcoming Online Courses
|Full Licence Course Online||$1,600.00|
WHY THIS COURSE
- Personalised Access one-on-one support from our industry expert tutors to achieve your goals faster.
- Flexible In person and online self-paced learning options, so you can study when best suits you.
- Industry relevant Our close ties to the real estate industry through our members means we understand what’s happening in real estate right now. We know exactly what you need to succeed and get a real estate licence.
- Best practice We represent real estate in Queensland, so we want to help you be among the best in the profession.
- Trusted Chosen by over 60,000 real estate professionals to launch their careers.
We’ve represented Queensland real estate for more than 100 years. We have the knowledge, the network and the credibility to help you succeed.
Streamlined assessments and new state-of-the-art online learning platform. We also offer more assessment support from qualified trainers.
More real estate professionals trust the REIQ for training than any other QLD provider. More than a piece of paper, we give you what you need to know.
About the program
How long will it take me to complete the course?
This course is made up of 19 units of competency. You have up to 12 months to complete the course, during which time you can access your course content wherever and whenever you want.
How is the course delivered?
This course is available via online self-paced study or in-class training.
Please note that in-class training also requires students to complete some units of competency outside of designated class hours.
Once you sign up, we will provide you with a login for our e-learning platform, aXcelerate. You will be able to log into your account and access learning materials at any time.
What’s the difference between in-class and online self-paced study?
- In-class training provides students to access to networking opportunities with other students and the trainer;
- In-class students will have access to a trainer who will provide real life examples, scenarios and guidance related to each unit included in the program;
- While assessment tasks are not completed in class, students will be provided overview and guidance;
- In-class students are provided with access to all resources prior to the scheduled in-class to familiarise themselves with their assessments so any questions they have can be discussed with the trainer directly; and
- Post in-class delivery support available to all students via booking one on one.
If you want to be your own boss and practice as an independent contractor or open your own real estate business (and be a Principal Licensee), you will need Real Estate Licence training.
This course will enable you to apply for a Real Estate Licence through the Office of Fair Trading to work as a salesperson, property manager, operate as an independent contractor or own your own real estate business. There’s plenty of different career paths you can take in real estate, with professions including Auctioneer, Resident Letting Agent, Business Broker, Buyers Agent and more!
Structure and subjects
Upon successful completion of this course you’ll be issued with a Statement of Attainment with the following competencies:
- CPPREP4001 – Prepare for professional practice in real estate
- CPPREP4102 – Market property
- CPPREP4004 – Establish marketing and communication profiles in real estate
- CPPREP4103 – Establish vendor relationships
- CPPREP4506 – Manage off-site and lone worker safety in real estate
- CPPREP4503 – Present at hearings in real estate
- CPPREP5010 – Manage customer service activities in the property industry
- CPPREP4101 – Appraise property for sale or lease
- CPPREP4121 – Establish landlord relationships
- CPPREP4104 – Establish buyer relationships
- CPPREP4105 – Sell property
- CPPREP4002 – Access and interpret ethical practice in real estate
- CPPREP4003 – Access and interpret legislation in real estate
- CPPREP4005 – Prepare to work with real estate trust accounts
- CPPREP4123 – Manage tenancy
- CPPREP4125 – Transact in trust accounts
- CPPREP5006 – Manage operational finances in the property industry
- CPPREP4122 – Manage tenant relationships
- CPPREP4124 – End tenancy
These units form part of the CPP41419 – Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice and CPP51119 – Diploma of Property (Agency Management).
Get started with an investment of:
- Online – $1,600
- In-class – $1,800
Here’s what others have to say
After over 12 years in real estate, Angela Duncan still feels like she hasn’t even scratched the surface of what’s possible, and how big of an empire you can build with real estate. While the money is great, it’s the freedom and lifestyle for her family that keeps her going. Watch the video to hear why Angela loves her real estate career.Watch video
Frequently asked questions
How are students supported to complete the course?
We offer personalised one-on-one tutorial sessions with our trainers which is included in your course fees. These are conducted by Skype, phone, FaceTime or email. Trainers are also contactable by phone and email to help answer your questions during business hours. Book your free student support session here.
Do you offer custom private training?
Are there any prerequisites?
There are no pre-requisites to study this course. However, all REIQ courses require LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) capabilities, such as a working knowledge of the English language and an understanding of various mathematical calculations. To ensure your ability to successfully complete our courses, you are required to demonstrate your LLN skills by completing a short LLN quiz as part of the enrolment process. Before completing your enrolment please refer to and read through the Student Handbook and Terms and Conditions.
What equipment do I need to undertake the course?
You will need:
- A computer to access online learning materials and undertake online assessments.
- Internet access for research, submitting online assessment items, and email for communication purposes and tutor assistance.
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) that can be obtained at www.usi.gov.au
What experience do the course trainers have?
Our trainers and assessors have at least 13 years experience in the real estate industry and are selected for their expertise and their ability to convey their skills and knowledge to students. The REIQ prides itself on providing up-to-date information, quality materials and comprehensive support to students undertaking their study with us. All REIQ training and assessment is developed by industry trainers in consultation with REIQ members and specialists in the subject area. All materials are regularly updated to ensure that REIQ’s training is meeting the needs of an ever-changing real estate profession.
Do you offer recognition of prior learning?
Absolutely! Please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Terms & Conditions for more information.
What happens after I complete the course?
On the successful completion of your assessments, the REIQ will issue you a Statement of Attainment which you can then take to the Office of Fair Trading to apply for a Real Estate Licence.