About the reiq
The Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ) is the peak body representing real estate professionals across Queensland. As the State’s most trusted and influential advocate for real estate business interests and private property investor rights for more than 102 years, the REIQ remains committed to ensuring the highest levels of professionalism and good governance are achieved through regulatory compliance and the advancement of an industry code of professional conduct.
The REIQ’s enduring purpose is to lead a sustainable industry which continues to make significant contributions to the Queensland economy and to strengthen conditions for those working within the industry. Above all, the peak body aims to:
- Make important contributions to government legislation and policy settings;
- Advocate for balanced regulations for the benefit of all stakeholders;
- Provide industry-leading training for real estate professionals;
- Deliver timely, innovative and market-driven education programs;
- Promote risk management and increase professional competence;
- Implement effective and compliant professional standards; and,
- Contribute to substantial industry research and development.
Membership representation includes over 2,000 agencies, 5,000 individual members and 15,000 property professionals. This includes principal licensees, salespeople, property managers, auctioneers, business brokers, buyers’ agents, residential complex managers, and commercial and industrial agents in Queensland.
Collectively, Queensland’s real estate sector directly employs over 46,000 people (the State’s second largest employer), is one of the top four industries which comprises over 50% of Queensland’s small business landscape, and pays the second highest amount of State tax each year (2018/19: $20 billion).
WE HELP MORE THAN OUR MEMBERS
The REIQ’s vision statement, to connect people and property, extends our support and expertise beyond our membership to the broader community. We believe everyone should be able to make educated, informed decisions about buying, selling or renting property in Queensland.
REIQ VISION STATEMENT
For the Real Estate Profession.