Real Estate Agent (Business Letting) Licence
The Property Occupations Act 2014 require people who are employed in the capacity of Shopping Centre Managers or in centre management to have a current Real estate agent (Business letting) license. The four competencies needed for this qualification can be studied in class or by Distance Education (electronic delivery or hard copy).
The limited real estate agent (business letting) licence will allow you to:
let businesses or interests in businesses
- collect rents
- negotiate for the letting of businesses or interests in businesses
be 18 years or over;
- be a suitable person as defined under the Property Occupations Act. People affected by bankruptcy or criminal convictions may not be eligible. Refer to www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au for more information;
- have completed the required training units
The REIQ runs all the competencies required by Fair Trading to make an application to gain a Real estate agent (business letting) licence. The individual competencies can be undertaken by contact class at our training centres throughout the state or complete your course by Distance Education (DE). Students are assessed using open-book assessments completed in the student’s own time after attendance at the course or study by DE. For DE students, we provide your manuals in PDF format through the student portal. All assessments are submitted electronically. Students have six months from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
If you have current experience or knowledge in this area, you may like
to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), or contact us if you
would like further information on (07) 3249 7347.
The four competencies needed for this qualification are:
- CPPDSM4010A - Lease property
- CPPDSM4011A - List property for lease
- CPPDSM4016A - Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
- CPPDSM4013A - Market property for lease
to download a information sheet with course dates and registration form.