terms and conditions
REIQ Apprenticeships Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT NOTE: The REIQ does not provide advice on incentive payment eligibility. Please contact an Australian Apprenticeship Centre to assess your trainee’s suitability and provide further information on incentives.
Upon confirmation of enrolment with REIQ you acknowledge the acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- You agree to be bound by the Constitution, By-laws, REIQ Best Practice Guidelines and any rules, regulations current and as amended from time to time.
- By selecting the payment plan option, you agree to the terms of the Payment Plan Agreement.
- All applications for a refund must be made in writing.
- REIQ reserves the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule courses due to low enrolments or unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur a full course refund and/or an opportunity to reschedule (without penalty) will be offered. REIQ is not responsible for any travel or accommodation fees lost.
- REIQ reserves the right to change course fees, dates, content, trainers or method of presentation at its discretion.
- Apprenticeships are completed over a 24-month period. Students are able to complete their required training sooner, however this may impact employer subsidies. The REIQ take no responsibility in potential lost subsidies in this instance.
- Course attendees are solely responsible for any travel and accommodation costs.
- A language, literacy and numeracy quiz is required for completion upon confirmation of enrolment.
- Students must have access to appropriate devices to complete online assessments. A detailed description of what devices are required to complete this training is located in the Student Handbook. Where devices cannot be accessed, contact REIQ to discuss alternative options.
- Students are responsible for their own computer/device technology and Internet service. The technology standard required is described during the enrolment process for each course provided. REIQ is not responsible for any problems caused to or by your equipment, including any virus or related problems with your use of the REIQ e-Learning system. You are responsible for all connection, access or data fees, and for installing, maintaining, and operating your own equipment. REIQ makes no warranties or interpretations that the website(s) contents and course information will meet your requirements.
Assessments and Completion
- Upon receiving a submission of an assessment item, The REIQ will endeavour to mark, and return, any piece of assessment within 10 business days.
- On the successful completion of your assessments, the REIQ will issue you a Statement of Attainment. The REIQ will endeavour to have all certification issued within 5 business days from completion however it can take up to 30 calendar days to be issued. If you have not received your certification after 25 calendar days, please get into contact with us.
- Reissuing of a Statement of Attainment or full Testamur is $50 per instance.
- A Training Plan is negotiated between the REIQ, Employer and the Trainee, with the Units required to be completed for the student to apply for a real estate agent licence being scheduled, generally, in the first 6 months of the nominal duration. Trainees are not authorised to undertake the activities of a real estate agent until the relevant units have been completed and a valid licence applied foir an granted by the Office of Fair Trading (Oft). Eligibility and Suitability Criteria applies for licencing and the REIQ recommends that both Trainees and Employers make themselves familiar with these prior to a apprenticeship commencing.
- There is no direct State or Federal Government training funding available to individual students studying with REIQ. Federal Government incentives apply to employers of eligible trainees when undertaking a apprenticeship registered with the Queensland Government. The REIQ do not determine eligibility or conduct the Trainee Sign up, both of which are managed by an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (Apprenticeship Network).
Fees and Refunds
- Any request for cancellations must be requested in writing.
- All fees must be paid prior to the commencement of training unless prior arrangements are made with REIQ.
- REIQ has a fair and reasonable refund policy which ensures that all students have the opportunity to receive a refund if requested. Our objective is to ensure that, when required, a fair and equitable system for the refund of the training course fee are available to students. We achieve this by confirming that any training activities undertaken by REIQ are transparent and clearly defined below.
- REIQ will refund the full course fee if the course has been cancelled by REIQ beyond the students control and the student elects not to reschedule.
- In all other cases, refunds are at the discretion of the CEO or Training Services Manager and may be negotiated on an individual case-by-case basis.
- All approved refunds will be processed to the payee direct and cannot be transferred to another enrolment/trainee.
- Any fees incurred in the processing of refunds will be for the students account and will be deducted from the approved refund amount. This includes International bank fees and charges.
- Any cancellation of an apprenticeship after the probation period must comply with the provisions of the Further Education and Training Act 2014. Where a trainee is enrolled with the REIQ as the Registered Training Organisation, then a $350 cancellation fee will apply in all cases once the training plan and induction has occurred. Cancellation after training has commenced will attract a pro-rata refund calculated on the per module cost of training that has been. In cases where a training agreement ends after the amount paid has been expended, no refund will be made. Details of per module costs are available through the REIQ Professional Development department.
- All students must supply a valid USI prior to any refund being made and certification being issued.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days from date of approved application and will be paid to the student in the form of a bank transfer.