REIQ Journal – 9 September 2020
9 Sep 2020 · 2 min read
By The REIQ
FROM THE CEO:
IN THIS EDITION:
- Life on the Board with Peter Brewer by Aislinn Dwyer
- Australia Weighs in on When the Market will Recover by James Hawes
- REIQ Forms Partnership to Connect More People with Property by Olivier Björksäter-Bleylock
- JobKeeper Payment 2.0 by Eddie Chung, Partner, BDO
- Looking Forward: The Future of the Real Estate Industry by Sumaiya Sabrina – Content Marketer, Aon
- Court Orders Specific Perfomance of Off the Plan Contract by Michael Gapes, Partner, Carter Newell Lawyers
- Avoid Having Your Trust Account Frozen by Brian Bauer, Executive Director, Office of Fair Trading
IN OTHER NEWS..
- Property managers, do you know what to do when things get nasty? Read more about how to deal with aggressive tenants and landlords, or sign up to our September Property Management Masterclass that teaches you how to handle conflict like a pro.
- Queensland real estate’s up-and-comers get a lot of attention, but our industry’s veterans deserve just as much limelight. Read our interview with Jean Hamer, who’s been in the real estate game for 53 years with no sign of slowing down.
- Let’s be honest, navigating the various types of proptech can be tricky. Luckily, we’ve made it simpler for you to understand. Learn more.
Here’s what others have to say
I would like to share with you our experience that we have recently had through the REIQ Professional Development Team.We have had an awesome start to 2020 thanks to the great service provided by the REIQ Professional Development Team. Congratulations to Liz who started and finished her Certificate of Registration Course with the REIQ in December 2019. She loved the training, particularly the fact the trainers are experienced and still walk the talk and are active in real estate. Fast turnaround for marking of the assessments with help on hand by way of tutoring if needed meant she could get the Application to Office of Fair Trading for her registration happening quickly. We are thrilled, from start to finish with the course and application to Fair Trading she had her Certificate of Registration within 5 weeks. Really impressed with the training, help and support team REIQ gave Liz and the quick processing time by the Office of Fair Trading. We also regularly use the Property Management Support Service and General Agency Advice Service and believe it offers great value for our membership. The PMSS team provide practical advice by practising property management professionals who can relate to the everyday challenges property managers face. Keep up the good work Team REIQ,
05:56 21 Jan 20
I cannot recommend REIQ enough. The training, environment & staff were beyond my expectations. A special mention for Rachael who is a trainer at REIQ. Rachael knows her stuff. Her knowledge of the industry and style of delivery helped me get across the line and score my dream job.
05:11 15 Jan 20
I wasnt sure that I would get through the Agents and Licence course with everything I had on, made an attempt a year ago with another provider that went totally pear shaped but the REIQ course is structured in a way that made sense. While all of their trainers are experts in their field, they offer onsite student support on Tuesdays with Rachel providing the right advice and reassurance to get you there, even if you havent studied for a while. If you've ever wanted a career in Real Estate this is where you get started!
01:48 13 Jan 20
Great staff that are always helpful.
11:20 28 Dec 19
Great friendly environment
22:47 19 Nov 19
Very impressed with the trainers that I have had for the past 3 days. Each individual trainer was very helpful and made sure that everyone in the class understood everything before we progressed through the modules.
04:34 23 Oct 19
Recently completed my Licence course and thoroughly enjoyed the in-class tutorials taught by highly professional trainers with many years of industry experiences. The student support that is available every Tuesday is an extremely helpful resource, again with very experienced trainers to ensure you get the right advice the first time. REIQ has really structured the entire full Licence course end to end thoughtfully, especially when you’re new to this industry. Highly recommended!
07:01 02 Oct 19
Recently I completed the Real Estate Licensing course at REIQ and was blown away by the help and support provided by Ms. Connie McKee who is a trainer at REIQ. Connie is very professional and has years of knowledge and work experience in the Real Estate Industry. I am glad I chose REIQ as my pathway into the Real Estate Industry.
00:23 30 May 19
Helpful staff. Useful networking events and training videos.
Eagle Real Estate
02:27 25 Jul 18
Welcoming and friendly staff, always available to support their members. The Property Management Support Team is particularly helpful. Well worth the subscription fees just to have access to advice from these experienced practitioners.
21:29 16 Jun 18
12:06 05 Sep 17