From the CEO: 5th May 2021
I’m excited to be travelling to the regions for the first of our annual 2021 zone events across Queensland this week, starting today in Cairns and Townsville tomorrow. These events provide us with an important platform to share information and build stronger relationships with you. You’ll receive critical local and state industry updates, strategic business information important for your operational success and new and innovative solutions to the industry’s current challenges.
We’ll also deliver unique insights via the REIQ’s continuing professional development (CPD) program, allowing you to maintain, improve and broaden your knowledge, expertise and competence. You’ll hear from expert speakers including our always entertaining and informative Chairman of the Board, Peter Brewer, Board Director Peter Camphin, your local zone chair and of course, myself. Find out when and where we’ll be in Queensland’s regions on our website. I look forward to seeing you there.
Meanwhile, I encourage you to support a worthy cause by getting behind the REIQ’s inaugural QLD Real Estate Challenge, supporting the vital work of Lifeblood. Between 1 May and 31 July, REIQ’s goal is to make a life-saving difference donating blood and plasma to 3000 patients - but we need your help! Essentially it’s a friendly competition among industry colleagues to see which agency can give the most donations and ‘life-giving moments’ to patients in need.
There will be awards at the conclusion of the challenge for the teams with the most number of new donors, the highest number of donations and the greatest percentage of plasma donations. The goal is to reach 1,000 blood and plasma donations during the three months – equating to 3000 life-giving moments for patients as every donation equates to three life-giving moments. We expect the competition to be fierce, and I look forward to seeing which Queensland Real Estate Agency will save the most lives this winter! Register your team now.
IN THIS WEEK’S JOURNAL:
- What Principals Can Do to Maximise Their Rent Rolls in a Tight Market
- How Adopting Proptech Can Add Value to Your Business
- Manage Your Risk When Trust Funds Fall Into Dispute
- Property Prices Surging, Commission Earnings Booming
- Secure Your Slot Today or Risk Missing Out!
- From 30 April: Updates to COVID-19 Response for Residential Tenancies
In Other News…
- Mackay, Rockhampton and Gladstone agents – ticket sales to your local REIQ Zone Event are CLOSING. Don’t miss out – book now!
- Interested in a career in commercial sales/property management? Enrol now in the REIQ’s Commercial Series, which offers newcomers and existing professionals the chance to develop their skills as commercial specialists.
- Digital signatures are now accepted on RTA Forms! To celebrate, Realworks is offering a FREE 30-day DocuSign trial* to new DocuSign accounts created.
*Offer valid until 30 June 2021 – T&C’s apply
- Did you miss Aon’s “The Future of Real Estate” Webinar last week? Watch the replay now.