From the CEO: 2nd June 2021
Don’t miss our highly-anticipated REIQ Property Insider Lunch on Friday, 21 July, where you’ll receive ground-breaking insights into the current and future state of the property market. We’re delighted that award-winning social researcher and demographer Mark McCrindle is joining our expert panel that will give you a complete analysis of the factors affecting all real estate professionals in Queensland.
As a bestselling author, media commentator, TEDx speaker and founder of McCrindle Research, Mark has written five books on emerging trends and social change. He appears across major television networks, radio and print media and is regularly commissioned to deliver strategy and advice to the boards and executive committees of some of Australia’s leading organisations. His insights will be incredibly valuable to our industry.
Joining Mark on our panel at this not-to-be-missed event is Tim Lawless, Head of Research at CoreLogic Asia Pacific, and Simon Pressley, Head of Property Market Research at Propertyology. Simon’s presentation will include an overview of recent research into Australia’s housing undersupply and the lack of national rental stock.
The lack of rental stock was also a focus for us last week when we responded to a Queensland Greens Private Member’s Bill introduced to State Parliament focussing on rental reforms. We believe the proposals will lumber landlords with untenable arrangements and discourage residential property investment in Queensland – at a time when it’s needed the most.
Discover what the Greens are proposing and read the REIQ’s response in our latest media release. Note that this is not a government bill. The Private Member’s Bill from the Greens is not to be confused with the tenancy reforms the government has committed to introducing.
Speaking of media, tune into our latest Property Brief podcast titled ‘Hair raising headlines: the media’s role in real estate’ where Gold Coast Bulletin real estate editor Lisa Hughes (formerly of The Courier-Mail) and myself tackle the big questions surrounding how the media can evoke strong reader reactions with exaggerated claims and what the real estate industry can do to better manage this. It’s certainly worth a listen to in light of the current climate.
In This Week’s Journal:
- Smart Ideas For Your Tax Refund
- Relationships Key to Success in Commercial Sales
- Complete your Appointment to Act Paperwork Carefully
- Your questions about the new training package answered
- Breaches of Trust Accounting Procedures can be Costly
- Changes to the Fair Work Act 2009 Clarify Confusion Surrounding Casuals
In Other News
- Don’t forget to join the REIQ Real Estate Blood Challenge, where we need your help to achieve 1000 donations by the end of July. REIQ Chair Peter Brewer and myself will be rolling up our sleeves for the cause on Monday.
- Toowoomba agents – don’t miss out on ticket sales to your local REIQ Zone Event!
- Interested in a career in commercial sales or commercial property management? Enrol now in the REIQ’s Commercial Series, which offers newcomers and existing professionals the chance to develop their skills as commercial specialists.
- Need a refresher on Form 6? Join our webinar on Form 6: Your appointment as a property agent.
- Digital signatures are now accepted on RTA Forms! To celebrate, Realworks is offering a FREE 30-day DocuSign trial* to new DocuSign accounts created.
*Offer valid until 30 June 2021 – T&Cs apply