From the CEO: 28th July 2021
History was made last week in Queensland when Brisbane was announced as the host of the 2032 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. This will be a truly regional Games with events to be staged around Greater Brisbane, on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts plus Toowoomba, Townsville and Cairns. What sort of benefits will this have for the real estate industry in our state? We take a look in this article.
A call out for our auctioneers to get their nominations ready for the REIQ Awards for Excellence. This year, we’re delighted to introduce a category for auctioneers new to the industry. Submissions for the auctioneering categories close earlier than the general ones so make sure you throw your hat into the ring by 5pm Friday 6 August. Everyone considering entering the awards can find out more here. Now is also the time to secure tickets for our awards’ gala dinner on the Gold Coast on 23 October. It will be a night to remember.
Finally, our latest quarterly vacancy rate data was released last week, showing low vacancy rates are still occurring right across the state. We take a look at the stats across the regions and the potential causes behind them here.
In this week’s Journal:
- Why Sales Agents should Nominate for the REIQ Awards
- Agent and Agency Fined for Trust Account Breaches
- Why it’s Cheaper to Buy than Rent in Regional Queensland
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Nominate for the REIQ Awards for Excellence
- Will Queensland’s Property Prices Win Gold After the 2032 Olympics?
In other news:
- The REIQ Real Estate Blood Challenge ends THIS SATURDAY. We’d love you to help in any way you can before the challenge ends – donate blood or plasma today!