From the CEO: 24th March 2021
They say your network is your net worth… and if that’s the case, then get ready to network as one of the REIQ’s most popular events makes a comeback in 2021. I’m really pleased to announce that after a year-long absence from hosting events in person, the REIQ will be making the rounds across Queensland next month, with the relaunch of our popular zone events so mark your calendars!
With events in Brisbane, Bundaberg, Cairns, Fraser Coast, Gladstone, Gold Coast, Ipswich, Mackay, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba and Townsville, this is your chance to network with your local industry and local REIQ Zone Chair while enjoying a range of engaging presentations across industry updates, strategic business information and new and innovative solutions to the industry’s current challenges.
This year we’re also shaking things up a little too. Firstly each zone event will kick off at 9am, with breakfast included (and all finished by 11.30am). What’s more, you’ll also hear from Peter Camphin who is set to deliver this year’s keynote across every region. For those unfamiliar with Peter, he’s an industry veteran with over 40 years’ experience in real estate. He’s worked across a wide range of property management and sales roles, owned and operated multiple real estate businesses, held positions in governance and advisory, and is the former CEO of Ray White Queensland — a position he held for almost 20 years. In 2020, Peter was appointed as a director of REIQ and has much to share with our members.
As one of the most popular events on the REIQ calendar, I’d like to invite every member to join us at one this year’s zone events in your region. I’m really looking forward to reconnecting with many of you. In the meantime, for more info or to book your ticket, simply click here.
IN THIS EDITION of the journal:
- Misleading and Deceptive Conduct: “Downplaying” Unfavourable Terms of a Sales Contract
- Zapier: The Secret Ingredient Reducing Cold Calling by 75%
- JobMaker…Will It Really ‘Make’ Jobs?
- The Importance of Managing Your Brand Reputation
- No Such Thing As ‘Standard’ Commission
- OFT Video to Help Reduce Trust Account Mismanagement
IN OTHER NEWS:
- Zone Events are back – register now! These events provide an important platform for the REIQ to foster stronger relationships with members across each region of Queensland.
- Familiarise yourself with your rights and obligations when it comes to trading over Easter and Anzac Day.
- Register for our upcoming Property Management Masterclass to learn the ‘dos and don’ts’ when preparing for a QCAT hearing.
- SAVE THE DATE: The REIQ Awards for Excellence are back in 2021 and will be held on the Gold Coast on Saturday, the 23rd of October. More information coming soon…