REAL ESTATE REGISTRATION COURSES
FROM $500 REIQ Members and $550 non-members
Click HERE to enrol. Make sure you have read the Pre-Enrolment Information and Student Handbook, and have understood the cancellation and refund policy found HERE.
Classes or Distance Education
How to become registered
The Property Occupations Act 2014 (QLD)
requires all people undertaking the functions of a salesperson or
property manager in Queensland have a Registration Certificate. To
obtain a Registration Certificate:
- Complete the Registration Course of seven units of
competencies and obtain a statement of attainment from REIQ (national
training provider code: 5420); and
- Complete and submit your registration certificate application (a New registration application Form 3-1) to Fair Trading (OFT).
not have to be employed in the real estate profession in order to
undertake the REIQ course. You can enrol and complete your training,
then apply for your Registration Certificate and be job-ready before
applying for work. To be eligible for a Registration Certificate, you
- Be 18 years or over
- Be a suitable person as defined under the Property Occupations Act. People affected by bankruptcy or criminal convictions may not be eligible. Click HERE for more information
- Have completed the required training units
Units of competency in the Registration Course:
CPPDSM4080A - Work in the real estate industry
CPPDSM4009B - Interpret legislation to complete agency work
CPPDSM4012A - List property for sale
CPPDSM4008A - Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
CPPDSM4010A - Lease property
CPPDSM4022A - Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
CPPDSM4015B - Minimise agency and consumer risk
- Study online (web based)
- Study at home, in your own time by distance education (Electronic delivery or hard copy)
- Attend a four day block course in any region in Queensland
- Evening classes are available in Brisbane and the Gold Coast (eight evenings over four weeks, Mondays and Tuesdays 6pm - 9pm)
- All units can also be studied separately at individual unit prices
Students have six months from the date of enrolment to complete the course, find out more about flexible delivery options HERE.
Assessment, Credits and Recognition of Prior Learning
- Students are assessed using open-book assessments
completed in the student's own time after attendance at the course or
study by distance education
- Successful completion of the competencies completed in the
Registration Course will result in seven credits against the Full Real
Estate Agent's Licence qualification
- If you have current experience or knowledge in this area, you may like to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Career Development Program
The REIQ has developed the Career Development Program specifically
for newcomers to the real estate profession. If you want to kickstart
your new career in Property Management or Sales this comprehensive and
practical program is designed to give you the best possible foundation
to do so. Click HERE for the full program outline and dates or Click HERE to enrol.
For further information, phone 07 3249 7347 or send an email.
Click HERE for course calendars and enrolment forms
|This CPD points icon will be displayed on all promotional material for CPD eligible events. Any
nationally recognised training units, provided through the REIQ as part
of the registration, licensing and traineeship courses are eligible.
Click HERE for more information.